Updated: October 1, 2018
What Information Do We Collect About You & Why?
- Account Information. When you download and use our mobile app, we assign you a username. When you mark a suggestion or comment as anonymous, our system does not track your name or email address.
- Your Content and Usage. We collect the content you submit to the Services (posts, replies and votes), as well as information about when you submitted the content, when it was viewed, and other activities.
- Information We Collect Automatically . We may automatically collect the following information about your use of the Services: access time, device ID, application ID or other unique identifier; domain name, IP address, screen views; geo-location data (with your permission); language information; device name and model; operating system information; your activities within the Services; and the length of time that you are logged in. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you.
- Social Media Sites. You can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and promote us on other social media sites. We collect information about who has liked us or followed us. However, we don't associate your social media account with your SnapSuggest account.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we use the information we collect about you to provide and operate the Services, to respond to your requests, and to provide customer service and technical support. We may also use your information:
- To tailor the information that we may send or display to you, offer location customization, send you push notifications and alerts, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
- To send you notices.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
You can choose to share any suggestions or comments by using the "share" feature which launches an email.
You cannot delete content you have posted (including suggestions and comments).
We may send push notifications or alerts to your device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device or by changing your SnapSuggest settings.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your Account information, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
Third Party Analytics
We may use automated devices and applications, included those offered by third parties to evaluate usage of our Services. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. We do not share your personal information with these third parties.
You must be at least 18 to use our Services. Our Services are not designed for children under 17. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on this page. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, providing notice in our mobile app, or by emailing you.